BPP or Kaplan which text book to use for Acca Exams ?
In this article we will try to make a comparison between the two publishers of the ACCA text books BPP and Kaplan and try to resolve the mystery which haunts acca students throughout their acca student life i.e which book to use for acca exams Bpp or Kaplan.“Anything written here is just my opinion and shall not be considered conclusive”.
Few thoughts about the textbook : A textbook is very important to build up the concepts. Normally students try to do shortcuts by reading few pages of notes or other materials, which is also good but for final revision not at the time when you are starting your preparation. At the start of the session text book plays an important role to build up your concepts notes are short in format they are not in that much detail to help you. One more thing books have example attached along with the concepts that polish them, normally we leave the examples.
Now the comparison:-
- The difficulty level: the difficulty level of BPP is one step higher than the Kaplan. The language used is a little difficult to understand. On the other hand Kaplan generally has a easy language to understand. But BPP is good those students need the concepts to be discussed at a next level unlike Kaplan which discuss the concept from the basic level.
- The practice Examples: Practice Examples use in the Kaplan are easy and builds the concepts, from an exam point of view the examples of BPP are stronger and tougher than Kaplan. So once you solve the examples of BPP you are strong enough to solve the past paper examinations.
- Theory VS Numerical: For the theory based exams Kaplan has an edge over BPP in the sense that the concepts are more easily explained. On the other hand for numerical based exams we need to solve the questions in the past papers so it is good if we are able to solve the difficult questions mentioned in the book rather than easy questions of Kaplan.
- The teacher: Follow your teacher strategy also in choosing the book. Because it is important that the teacher is choosing a sequence and the pattern of the book uses the language of the book in the class so you will understand the concepts better when you are using the same book the teacher is using.
- Do not shuffle books: Once you made up your mind to use one book don’t shuffle them only if you need to understand one or two concepts you can consult other sources but don’t shuffle, switching is fine if you didn’t like the pattern and language in one textbook you can switch but continuous shuffling the book either bpp or kaplan or any other is not advised.
- Practice Kit: Use the same practice kit as of the book if you are using but past papers are also fine.
Comment below and tell us which study text publisher you think is better bpp or kaplan or any other and why 🙂